Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Food



Just a quick after work post:
I have now successfully mastered the art of baby food making :) I am quite proud of myself if you can't tell. Today I went shopping for way to long, and spent a million dollars to buy all organic fruits and veggies then went back home to have at it. I got out my steamer, baking dish, strainer and food processor...and away we went. Just today I made and froze (in cute little covered ice cube tray thingies) baby friendly, sweet potatoes, green beans, butternut squash and carrots. I ran out of trays so tomorrow I plan to make, acorn squash, peas, apples, avocado, bananas and if I have room some cantaloupe for good measure ;) So far Cheeks has only tried rice cereal, oatmeal, green beans and sweet potatoes. Since we are only introducing two a week (every 3 days) it may take a while to get all the way to cantaloupe. Never the less I am excited. Ya see in all my years as a nanny I have never been able to take the lead on homemade baby food, mainly b/c most people just buy store bought and also b/c some of my kiddos were a little older when I got ahold of em. I feel like I conquered a fun new skill today, one that will help me should I ever decide to have my own baby ;)

Yay me!


This is Samantha eating rice cereal for the first time!
The first picture is of Samantha in her new high chair for the first time!


2 comments:

  1. you are going to make an AMAZING mommy one of these days! in the mean time, what a blessing you are to the families that hire you to love and take care of their sweet babies. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a doll! Although she doesn't look like a huge fan of the rice cereal. ;)

    ReplyDelete