Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Pictures Band

I am finally getting back to posting about the wedding! There were a million things I wanted to tell you all about but when I started thinking about my favorite parts of our wedding I immediately thought about our band. When we started wedding planning Matt and I both agreed, more than anything we wanted our guests to have a great time. We want them to eat, drink and dance all night long so of course we HAD to have a live band. They tend to be pricey but I was willing to sacrifice almost anything to ensure good music. Heres how we found em:

Last Christmas Matt was still working for the Rockets so we were invited to and attended the Rockets Christmas party. When I say "Rockets Christmas party" I mean it really was "their" party. After walking into the beautiful hotel Zaza ballroom we were shocked to find out that even lowly interns like Matt were invited to the same party as all of the players! Yao, Shane, Tracy, Rafer...they were all there! In fact the highlight of my night was went I clumsily dropped my purse in the bathroom, everything went flying and Shane Battier's super adorable and sweet wife helped me pick it all up. Love her! ANYWAY, the party was amazing and they hired the most amazing band ever. All night everyone was talking about how great the band was, especially the lead singer. He does a rendition of Billy Jean that will really knock your socks off! Matt and I immediately fell in love and new that when the time came we just had to have this band. After much research we tracked down "our band" and booked as soon as we could. The band is named "The Pictures". The coordinator is super nice, the song list is crazy long, the price didn't give my Dad a heart attack and so far they have been really easy to work with.

Here is a link to their website

http://www.thepictures.com




P.S. Yes, Billy Jean is most defiantly on our play list!


3 comments:

  1. ok, don't give away all the surprises and plans, ha!
    Can't wait to hear the band.. They might get some more business, eek, dad's gonna kill me, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Just stumbled upon your blog, read this post then squealed in pure excitement. I was already stoked about shooting your wedding but this makes it that much better!!! The pictures are a-mazing!!! Great great choice :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! just stumbled upon your blog and was reading through your posts and squealed with delight when I read this one!! I love love love the pictures!! I am already soooo excited about shooting your wedding and this just makes me even more excited!! :o)

    ReplyDelete