Friday, November 13, 2009

1 is the loneliest number

Today I'm having a bit of a pity party for myself. Living in a new city has been really hard. Im just plain lonely :( Every time I have moved in the past I have been in school so meeting people was easy. This move has not been quite so easy. I am a nanny so I don't really get out much, and when I do it's all baby related. Matt's co-workers are all a lot older than him, not to mention they work so many hours that the last thing they want to do is see more of each other ;) Matt and I have always been a couple who spends an unusual amount of time together (we just really like each other) so when he isn't working I'm not lonely at all. The problem is that Matt works a TON now, and all sorts of crazy hours, lots of nights and weekends. This leaves me alone A LOT. I love my animals but I really would like a friend or two here in Dallas. One of my good friends Jamey lives in Plano which is awesome but she is in grad school and works a lot so we are only able to get together about once a month or so.


Would it be weird to just show up in a class at SMU and pretend I'm a student to meet people? ha ha Ok so no I will not being doing that...maybe join a rec sports team? Maybe when my feet heal. Maybe an exercise class...yeah that's it, exercise and meeting new people, this idea is two fold. :) If you have any other good ideas, shoot em my way! I'll let you know how my exercise class plan works out.

Here are a few of my much missed Houston friends :(






2 comments:

  1. I miss you mucho mamacita. :( Come visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I call my cat Bowser too, among other things! Yup, we are getting married in June. The plan was for me to be a teacher this year, so we wanted a summer wedding, but I'm not teaching, so we have a loooong engagement! Congrats to you too! I read on some of your wedding planning and it's great to hear another Houston bride's experiences. We toured Courtyard on St. James and it doesn't seem like the guy we met with worked to sell us on the venue at all. We are getting married at Paraiso Maravilla, which means that I am planning every.single.detail myself! It's gonna be interesting...

    ReplyDelete