Tuesday, November 10, 2009

LONG weekend

I've already blown my goal to blog everyday in November but I have decided that people who can accomplish this must have no life at all. This weekend was way to busy to check my email let alone make a post.

Matt and I went to good old H-town this weekend to getting some wedding stuff done, and maybe play a little too. He had to work late (stars game) Friday night so we headed out at 5 AM yes I said 5 AM on Saturday morning. Bauer needed his yearly shots so we had to get to the vet before noon. I know it sounds silly to take the dog all the way to Houston to the vet instead to just going to one here in Dallas but I'll let you all in on a little secret, vets are hella expensive. There is one vet in Rosenberg who is amazingly cheap, but still wonderful, he loves animals, and went to vet school at A&M. He can afford to be so cheap on things like shots because he makes most of his money from treating large animals (cattle, horses etc). The doggies and kitties aren't really his bread and butter so he keeps costs low for those pet owners. Bauer's yearly shots cost me 45 dollars! Heck yeah!


Anyway, after driving 4 hours to the vet we went to my parents house to get started on the 10 loads of laundry we brought home. No, we don't have a washer dryer in our apartment, they didn't have one available when we were looking so we made a sacrifice to get into the complex we really liked. After a mini rest, we went out to the country club with my parents for a round of "goofy golf". It was a golf scrabble that involved lots of drinking and funny golf shots...my personal favorite was teeing off out of a baby pool ha ha! Before the the scramble we had lunch, then practiced tons at the driving range. We practiced too much, the rest of the weekend I was too sore to move :( We were at the club from 12 till 6...what a day! But it didn't end there, Matt headed out to meet his parents for dinner and I headed out to a friend's Bachelorette party. As much as I would love to tell you all about this ridiculous bachelorette party (and boy was is interesting) I must refrain, you never know who might come across my blog and I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'll just sum it up by saying that my I hope my bridesmaids have good manners when it comes to my showers and bachelorette party.


Now you would think that Sunday would be a relaxing day wouldn't you? Not so much. I ran errands with my mom all day and by the time I was home and ready to relax it was time for dinner with one of my best friends in the whole world. As tired as I was I just could not miss dinner with the lovely Cara and her sweet little boy Cory. We haven't seen each other in months, it was sooooo nice to catch up and see how much Cory has grown...boy that kid is SMART!


Last but not least....Monday. We stayed and extra day in Houston because our wedding venue only does tastings on the weekdays. First thing in the morning we met with our pastor, Pastor Curry. The meeting went very well, he is such a sweet man and he said some really touching things about our wedding. When he said a prayer for us before we left it made me cry! I can't wait to hear what he has to say during our ceremony. After that meeting we headed to the Courtyard for our tasting. The food was AMAZING! I'll have to tell you all about my menu choices in a later post. On a really happy note Christiana, our coordinator at the Courtyard (who is just cute as a button and I love) is engaged! YAY! It was so nice to talk wedding with another bride, it's like sharing an addicton with someone lol I could have sat and talked to her for hours about her wedding :)


We drove home last night. *SIGH*


Here are some pictures from the golf scramble:

Daddy helping me with my swing (then I had to do it blindfolded)


Matt in full swing


My adorable Mom


Dad playing in loafers lol


In our team carts

Me and Matt ready to lose ;)




2 comments:

  1. Y'all are too cute with all of your golf-ness! I'm going to call you tonight, & I want to hear all about your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled across your blog and I think it's awesome that your dog's name is Bauer. My cat's name is Bauer and EVERYONE who hears it thinks my fiance and I are insane. My mom even had to write it down to remember it when we first got him! Obviously, she is not a 24 fan =)

    ReplyDelete