Wednesday, July 14, 2010

No good very bad WEEK

As if finding a disgusting mess under my carpets wasn't enough drama for one week here is the list of awful things that have followed:

1. Car broken into Sunday night, GPS stolen.
2. Last night found water leak in master bedroom closet, the floor, wall, baseboards carpet, all soaked.
3. Termites found enjoying the soaking wet wood from said water leak.
4. Having to delay the carpet install in order to fix leak and termite infestation first.
5. Speeding ticket received today while rushing home to meet the Termite Inspector.

I know that there are a lot worse things in the world but I still cannot help feeling a little depressed about it all. Don't get me wrong I still love my house and life is pretty darn good overall but I'm allowed to have a pity party every now and again aren't I? I mean we have been putting so much hard work into fixing up our house not to mention money and just when it feels like we are finally making some progress we get a big fat slap in the face (in the form of water and tiny wood eating insects). The stolen GPS and speeding ticket just add to the ridiculousness that is my life right now. I can only manage to laugh at those two right now. I think if I don't laugh I will cry...not that I haven't already done so.


Please say a little prayer for us today if you don't mind. I am really hoping this latest fiasco doesn't end up costing us a fortune.


I will spare you the pictures of our nasty water logged closet with insect residents. Instead I will leave you all with a picture of baby cheeks that is sure to put a smile on any one's face...maybe even mine :)



1 comment:

  1. Aw! So sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time! Talk about one thing happening after another! Things HAVE to start turning around now! Hoping and praying things get better for you guys!
    And what a sweetpea you have there! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete