Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just in case

This post is just in case any of you out there consider keeping the carpet that was there when you moved in, even if it "looks pretty good"....


I swear from the surface our beige colored frieze carpet looks perfectly fine, it's even a pretty popular design and neutral so goes with most decor. I considered saving the money and not replacing it, I mean we only have it in the 3 bedrooms anyway and 2 of them are hardly used. Then on a whim we decided (OK Matt decided) to pull up the corner in just one room to have a look...WE WERE HORRIFIED! Dirt, dust, and stains galore, even a cat hairball! So gross! "Just pulling up one corner" turned into rapidly ripping the carpet and pad out of all 3 bedrooms (while gagging) and doing a massive bleach clean of the concrete underneath. Needless to say, the new carpet is being installed on Friday.

Keep in mind when you look at the photos that we STEAM CLEANED all the carpets before we moved in...they were just THAT dirty. ew.

View at your own risk:



Umm yeah...that's a hairball


I swear they NEVER vacuumed


There are just no words...


Who needs to potty train your dog? Just let em go on the floor


The entry way to my bedroom. nice.




Just in case you weren't grossed out enough...


Annnnnd, I just threw up in my mouth a little


Ok the last few are just to further prove my point ;)



AWESOME.


2 comments:

  1. Gross! I can't believe that! I'm sure you'll be much happier with your new carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I think I just threw up a little lol.

    This makes me super scared of our nasty carpet...

    ReplyDelete