Monday, July 26, 2010

Ahhhhhhh carpet

Finally after 4 weeks of waiting and storing all of our furniture in the garage...WE HAVE NEW CARPET!!!!!! It was installed this morning and I couldn't be more thrilled and relieved.

On Saturday we prepped for the carpet, finishing painting and replacing baseboards from the closet leak, etc. Sunday we set off 8 "bug bombs" in order to get rid of my little carpet beetle friends and I began washing ALL of our clothing and bedding, yes all of it. Currently I have washed, dried and folded 10 full loads. I am estimating about 10-15 more before I am completely done. By the way we had to leave the house with both animals for an entire FOUR hours after the "bombs", driving around with a cat and dog for 4 hours is interesting to say the least ;) Tonight we will start moving the furniture back in, starting with our bedroom of course. I am so happy to finally have our room set up so that I can start decorating.

Somehow this weekend we also managed to have a night out with our good friend Liz... here are some photos of our fabulous new carpet, our 4 hour excursion with the fur babies and our night out in Dallas.


Master Bedroom


Master closet...notice the pretty new wooden rods, yeah we made those ;)


Guest room


Oscar and Bauer sleeping on my lap in the car...I swear the cat is not aware that he is indeed a cat.


Yep, four hours of this


Ridiculous...I'm sure the drive thru people thought we were nuts


The novelty wore of quick ;)


Me and Liz at the Candleroom


Apparently I make this face when I take photos...thanks guys


Hey my arms are short, and there was wine involved


The rock?






1 comment:

  1. Funny about the bug bombs...Daniel suggested that we did that instead of calling the exterminator, but the thing holding us back was all of our babies! My cat hates car rides almost as much as she hates the dogs...we would leave with 2 dogs and 1 cat and come back with at least one less pet! I ended up getting some Orkan sprayer thing and just did it one room at a time!

    ReplyDelete