Monday, July 19, 2010

My new do

Those of you who know me know that I have NEVER had short hair, well not since birth anyway. I mostly keep it long because it is super curly and I never dug the "Felicity, post hair cut" look, Keri Russell has made me deathly afraid of a short haircut. However after growing my hair ridiculously long for my wedding I became fed up with the weight and heat and bulk of my long curly hair...so I decided to cut it. I have been talking about "the cut" since before the wedding but I don't think anyone actually believed I would really go through with it. Well I did :) I waited a few extra months to make sure that I had enough for locks of love, and of course waited until I was able to travel to Houston (I will never again let anyone cut my hair except my good friend and stylist Suleiman). Suli ended up cutting off a 12 inch pony tail for locks of love and then about 2 more inches to style my hair, so for those of you counting that makes FOURTEEN INCHES!!! Ok enough talk...



First a few recent pics of my long long hair:







Now for the haircut pictures:


This is at my parents right before going to the salon...please excuse the no makeup tired look


Waiting for Suleiman...kinda nervous at this point


This is the 12 inch pony tail cut...EEEKKK


Suli working his magic!


Love the back!


My new cut, and my locks of love donation


My mom really wanted to capture Matt's reaction...well done Mom ;)


Later that night, all dressed up b/c we had a wedding to attend.



The final product, makeup and all.

3 comments:

  1. So cute and proud of you! Did you go take it to locks of love or do you leave it at the salon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! Looking sharp, hot stuff! I loved your long hair, but this style looks fabulous too. :)

    (But is that picture from the nail place with my goofed up face really necessary? Nobody needs to see that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fabulous! So beautiful! I loved your long hair, but short hair suites you perfectly too! I bet you love that all the weight is gone! I have super thick hair too, so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete