Thursday, March 4, 2010

Updates

Here are some updates from some of my recent blogs:

-My tooth is indeed chipped, noticeable yes, but not horrible. I have decided not to get it fixed before the wedding. Matt, my Mom, my sister and Kristen have all reassured me that it's not noticeable if you don't look close and def not noticeable when I smile. Although my sweet sister, Laura has offered to pay to get it fixed as a wedding present if I really want it done. Love her <3 I'm not that crazy tho, I can deal with it for now. I will be getting it fixed soon after the wedding when things slow down a bit.


-We have given our final guest count to the venue and gone through all the final details so everything is pretty much done for the wedding. Somehow I survived the RSVP fiasco, no thanks to a certain someone. Erg.


-The weather in Houston is really looking up, and in Dallas too for that matter. As of right now the forecast for our wedding day is highs in the 60s, lows in the mid forties. Not to shabby. Because as you all know I am super OCD I still have 4 patio heaters on stand by just in case. ;)


-We are still under contract for the house 905. So far so good. The inspection went surprisingly well, we were worried about foundation damage because that is so common in Dallas but low and behold there is none, yay. We still have to schedule a slab leak test but I'm confident that will go smoothly as well. The seller's divorce decree will be final on March 20th, then the offer goes to their bank for approval. I have heard that this can take forever, but I was told to harass the bank with phone calls in order to expedite the process....oh I will be a handful for them ;) So as of right now we still have a closing date of April 19th. Man, who knew house buying was so damn complicated?!


-I broke down and called the band yesterday. Byron (the band manager) answered on the first ring and knew exactly who I was the minute I told him my name. As it turns out they just got back from London, apparently they were playing a few shows there over the past 2 weeks. He has received our final payment, agreed to all my crazy "demands" and we are good to go for the wedding. I feel a hundred times better after talking to him. They are defiantly worth the big bucks they ask for.


-Samantha has now tried and LOVED the following foods (all organic and handmade by yours truly): Butternut squash, Carrots, Avocado, Peas, Green beans, Kiwi, Apples, Mango, Sweet Potatoes, and Oatmeal. This week I went baby food making crazy and made the following for her to try in the coming weeks: Zucchini, Acorn Squash, Yellow Squash, Pears, Red Plums, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Rutabaga, Peaches and Beets. In a few months I will start making berries, meats and fishes etc.


-Samantha turns 7 months old on March 8th...can you believe my sweet baby cheeks is already 7 months old!? She is sitting up like a champ but not scooting or crawling yet, she hates tummy time so I predict she scoots on her bottom first then goes right to crawling. Other than that she is the happiest most smiley baby and she cracks me up daily. I'm pretty sure I have the best baby, and the best job ever not to mention the best boss/friend ever.


Again no post is complete without pictures. Here are some cute pictures from this past week. Matt and I have the coolest jobs, he doesn't go in most days till 11ish and the other days he gets off before 4 and I of course get the pleasure of taking Cheeks anywhere and everywhere whenever we please so needless to say the three of us get to spend a lot of time together. This past week Matt came to play with us several days in a row :) FUN! Here are a few pictures of my two favorite people doing what they do best...being adorable. Oh and I can't leave out MY babies Oscar and Bauer, so here is picture of them on the balcony enjoying the beautiful warm Dallas weather.








No comments:

Post a Comment