Sunday, March 7, 2010

bachelorette blues

As if things weren't stressful enough....I woke up Saturday morning at about 3 am with the worst stomach bug EVER. By 8AM I was miserable enough to wake Matt up and the poor guy spent the next 3 hours listening to me cry, calling the doctor, picking up prescriptions and Gatorade and trying to figure out a way for me to not miss my bachelorette party. I was supposed to drive to Houston Saturday morning and attend my bachelorette party that evening. My sweet amazing future husband decided that he would drive me to Houston and then fly back on Sunday. So he packed up the car, fed me Imodium, anti cramming and nausea meds and off we went. I literally sat in the back seat the whole way with a bucket on my lap. When we stopped at buckees to use the restroom I was so weak that Matt had to practically carry me inside, everyone kept staring at me because I was white as a sheet and in pajamas, then I almost puked (for the millionth time) at the mere smell of his sandwich. After leaving buckees I decided that there was no way I would be able to make my party. I was so bummed but honestly I felt so sick that I didn't have much time to think about the party. Today I feel so much better, I'm still nauseous and can't eat, but I will say that today it has finally set in that I had to cancel my bachelorette party and that part sucks the most. I guess my brother had the best outlook on the situation, he told me that no one gets sick twice in one week so I should be happy that I got it out of the way now instead of on my wedding day, and he also told me that there is no quicker way to lose 5 pounds before your wedding. ha-ha. He cracks me up! Now I am just hoping that Matt doesn't catch my awful bug...please cross your fingers for him, and me.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you missed your bachlorette party.. Can we do a mini bachlorette wed or thur night?
    Glad your feeling better! Drink some oj and eat well this week to pep up for the weekendc!!!!

    ReplyDelete