Friday, October 23, 2009

Wedding Venue





When I started planning our wedding the first thing I decided to do was pick a venue. I didn't even pick a date until be booked the venue (in case they didn't have availability). First I made a list of about 20 venues, I'm sorry to those of you received those first few emails...they were LONG. I only had a few requirements: I wanted to be able to have the ceremony and reception at the same place, I wanted to be married outside and I didn't want to have to do alot of decorating to make the space beautiful. That short list quickly ruled out about 7 or 8 places, next my parents and I did "drive bys", which actually proved to be extremely helpful. There were quite a few places that I crossed off the list just by driving by, once place was beautiful online, and Im sure inside as well but it was right off an ugly part of Westheimer, behind a whataburger?!

The first place we actually toured was The Gallery, it was amazingly beautiful, with sort of a Tuscan feel. I loved the ceremony site, outdoors of course on a patio with stone everywhere and a cute little fountain in the middle. The reception room was amazing, 2 stories with a large wooden bar at the top and stone everywhere. I immediately fell in love and wanted to book asap, but there was just one problem....everything, and I mean everything was "al la carte" so to speak. We were told that nothing was included, we would have to find a caterer, linens, bar, table and chair rentals in addition to the normal cake baker, band, string quartet, photographer. See I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. I never pictured my self with an all inclusive venue but I at least expected tables and chairs! lol So I basically held on to this dream for a week or do, did some research in to caterers and such and decided that it was just way to much work and money.

Luckily the next place was even more perfect :) My parents had driven by The Courtyard On St James Place without me, and my Mom "just knew" I would love it.Man that woman knows me well because after one visit I was sold and ready to sign on the spot. It is tucked away in a seclude spot in the middle of the Galleria area. They have a beautiful outdoor courtyard with flowers and twinkle lights everywhere, a huge ballroom that needs no decoration on my part to look amazing, big chandeliers, a stage for the band, huge dance floor etc. Most importantly they included food (which is amazing btw), linens and bar...THANK GOD. Since Matt was already in Dallas I uploaded some pictures for him to see and spent about an hour telling him how much I loved it, 2 days later my Mom and I went back to write a large check (we still haven't told Daddy just how large it was). We picked March 12th which is a Friday because can you believe it all of the Saturdays were taken already! It was between a Friday night or Sunday night, we figured either way people would most likely have to take a day off work. Matt made the final decision, he chose Friday night because he didn't want anyone to leave early, which of course they would do on a Sunday night...What can i say? We like to party ;)

Up top are a few pictures of our FABULOUS wedding venue!

2 comments: