Monday, December 7, 2009

My First Mixon (well almost) X-mas

Matt and I have been dating for almost 3 years now, and this will be our 3rd Christmas together but this one is extra special. Why you ask? Because this is our first Christmas living together :) This may not sound like a big deal to some but to me it means the world. I have never lived with anyone and I have never been about to marry someone, so for me living with Matt and sharing Christmas under the same roof for the first time feels amazing because it is the first of many holiday memories we will be making together as our own new family.

We decided not to go crazy buying decorations this year because I know that I will be able to get some great ones on sale after the holidays. So, we went small and minimal but I love having the apartment filled with holiday cheer and of course the smell winter candles in the air. <3>
We bought a small potted tree because we didn't want a fake tree but we still wanted to be environmentally friendly. I hate the thought of just throwing a tree away after Christmas. We plan to take good care of our first tree and plant it in the back yard of our first home :)


Here are a few pictures of our first tree and my super fun fake snowed balcony












1 comment: