Monday, May 4, 2009

Dallas here we come

So if you haven't figured it out yet...MATT GOT THE JOB! He is officially an employee of the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas! YAY! I'm soooo proud of him! It has been a full year since Matt's graduation from Rice and for a while there it was looking like he would never land a "real" job. Damn economy. The best part is, not only did Matt get a "real" job, he got his dream job! They have offered him way more money than we expected which was a nice surprise and of course he has full benefits and 401K which is exciting. Of course this means we will be moving to Dallas. They wanted him to start next week, but we will be in Florida and have no time to find an apartment so we have pushed it back to the 26th of May. Luckily they are paying for our move and our hotel while we find a place. We are going this weekend to sign a lease, we only have 2 days so wish me luck! So Matt will be moving in over memorial day weekend! Sadly, I won't be moving until August. I have promised Seva and the kids that I will stay with them though the summer, plus I have to find a job in Dallas too....any ideas? Oh and then there's that pesky foot surgery I'm having done in July, ugh. Being apart is going to stink,especially with a broken foot, but we'll survive. Besides, I think I need to learn to be a little more independent ;) Also, I'm glad that I'll have 3 months to hang out with my puppies and my parents before I leave them. It's going to be really hard to leave my mom :( More on that later....

YAY FOR MATT!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Um, and really hard to leave ME! Being apart for a couple months will be fine, especially because you can visit. Trust me, I'm a pro at this being-alone business lol. Now show off that ring girl!

    ReplyDelete