Monday, March 30, 2009

Casts, Valium and Getting Skinny

First things first...a foot update: After they took off my HUGE surgery cast it was replaced with a normal cast which sounds all fine and dandy except that it was SUPER tight. I'm pretty sure it was all in my head but I just couldn't stand the darn thing! I was truely miserable, it was kind of like claustraphobia, I was even having panic attacks which is something I have never had my whole life. My doctor gave me some valium and sent me back to the cast people for a new, looser cast. I was nervous the entire time my new cast was being put on, I'm pretty sure I almost had a panic attack right in the middle of the application. Anyway, I get my new cast, leave the office, get in my car, and then imediately start to cry...and I cried the whole way home. At that moment I knew it was indeed all in my head. The next day Seva (my doctor and boss) sent me directly back to the cast place and had it removed for good this time. So now I have an aircast boot, which is the most comfortable form of cast EVER. I was supposed to get the air cast on the 6th anyway, so I'm only a week early. I feel so much better, no more anexiety, no more pain and no more visits to the cast people who clearly think I'm insane. The whole ordeal was ridiculous and I am super embarassed but I just couldn't help it...it's funny how the mind works, or doesn't work. haha

ANYWAY>>>>

My actual reason for blogging today is my recent weight loss mission! Over the past few years, my surgeries have taken quite a toll on my body. I have gained a considerable amount of weight in the past two years...the gaining I can easily blame on surgeries, but the fact that I haven't lost any of the weight is entirely 100 percent my fault. Back in high school I was in such good shape, I could just do a few sit ups and *poof* there goes 5 pounds! My body is not so simple anymore. I have come to the realization that I am going to have to get off my tushie and do some hard core working out...and cut out all of my poor snacking habits :( This is going to be hard ,but I'm ready for the challenge! I'am so tired of being unhappy with my body, plus I have wayyyy to many cute clothes that I can't fit into right now. So I am starting my new life today. No more fast food, no more soda, no more white bread, etc. As for exercise; that might have to wait a little while because of my pesky little foot problem. But for now, I'm going to start walking and maybe do some laying down Pilate's type stuff, anything I can do that doesn't involve my foot. After my foot heals I plan to start running, yes running! I can't wait! In case anyone else is interested in getting in shape here is an amazing FREE website I found:
www.sparkpeople.com
The website has a calorie counter, meal plans, exercise plans, support groups, you name it. I personally love using the calorie counter, it really helps to see just how bad or good I'm eating.

Another good website is www.weightview.com
You can upload a picture of yourself and they will alter it to show you what you would look like at your goal weight....pretty cool stuff, and very motivating!

If anyone is looking for a workout partner, let me know!

Happy Dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment