Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bunion-tastic




This morning I went in for yet another surgery. This time I had surgery to repair my curved foot and bunion. Just my left foot because I'm only able to take off a week from work. Over the summer I will be having my right foot done as well. The surgery was pretty simple and I was home by 2pm. I have a giant cast on but I can walk on it which is nice. Right now I'm feeling great, I haven't had any pain yet, but that's b/c I was given a numbing shot that is supposed to last about 12 hours, so I'll have to tell you how I'm feeling in a few hours when the shot wears off. Tomorrow Matt has to go back to work so I'll be home alone, hopefully I won't be in too much pain.



Anyway...

I would like to take this opportunity to educate the world (OK like all 5 of you) on the subject of bunions. Contrary to popular belief, bunions are not warts, or growths or anything else gross like that. Bunions are a bump of bone right under your big toe (on the outside of the foot), everyone has a bump to some degree but people with bunions have a large bump, some really large. As you can imagine having a large bump on your foot can make wearing shoes super painful...hence the need to get it removed. In some cases the bone causes your foot and toes to curve outward. This is true for me, actually I don't really have too bad of a bump, but my feet curve pretty bad. Wearing anything but flip flops is pretty much excruciating for me, especially heels, and oddly enough even most flats and sneakers are painful.

Just ask Matt about carrying me 4 blocks back to our hotel in the snow when we were in New York last year. It's not my fault...ya see we were in New York and planned a perfectly romantic dinner at a beautiful Italian restaurant about 5 blocks from our hotel in Manhattan, of course there was no way I was going to wear flats with my amazingly sexy silk white house black market dress, so I threw on the hottest 4 inch stilettos I own and bravely made my way to the restaurant. I barely made it to the restaurant but after sitting down I was fine...the way home was another story, about a block in, it started to rain/snow and there was not a cab in sight (anyone who knows me can tell you that I wouldn't have paid for a cab anyway, for 4 blocks in NYC it's just plain highway robbery) My feet were KILLING me, and we had to walk faster which just wasn't an option. So my sweet sweet boyfriend carried me the rest of the way...gotta love him <3


So this winter I have lived in my Uggs. Best 150 bucks I ever spent, even tho Matt thinks they are hideous and wayyy over priced ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment