Monday, July 20, 2009

stress out the wazoo..or so they say

The past week has been a bit of a roller coaster for me. For those of you who don't know, right now I am going through just about every life change a person can go through. I am getting married, moving to a new city, leaving home for the first time, starting a new job and having foot surgery. First let me say that I have amazing coping skills, and I feel like everything is going great. I hardly ever feel stressed out or overwhelmed, so much so that my body had decided to give me a big fat wake up call. On Tuesday morning I woke up with cold sores covering both of my lips, even extending to the skin around my mouth...the doctor prescribed me a heavy dose of antibiotics to get rid of them, but here we are a week later and they are still hanging around. Gross I know. These are caused by stress of course. Then on Wednesday I developed the worst back pain of my life. Normally I battle off and on lower back pain, mostly due to my poor posture but this pain is way beyond that. This pain is debilitating, for a few nights it had me in tears which is so unlike me. I actually have an unusually high tolerance for pain, but this week I was popping percacete like candy. Finally I decided that I needed to see the doctor, I thought maybe it could be a kidney infection or even an injury I was unaware of. So one urine sample, one xray and an MRI later, we discover that stress is the likely culprit. "But I don't feel stressed at all" is what I kept telling my doctor. She insisted that even though I don't feel stressed, my body feels it. So she gave me a muscle relaxer shot in my back, and put me on a three (yes 3)a day Valium regimen plus anti inflammatory once a day and two vicoden before bed for the pain. Supposedly the Valium is supposed to ward off any stress and calm my body down enough for the back pain to go away. It seems to be working so far, however I feel like a druggie and it's becoming increasingly difficult to stay awake let alone function normally. You should see how many misspelled words this blog had before spell check lol Hopefully I'll calm down after my surgery on Thursday and be back to my old self in no time...that is after I'm done taking all the pain meds for my foot.

So if you see or talk to me in the next few days, please excuse my druggie behavior, I assure you I do not have a problem...my body just thinks I do...ha-ha

P.S. I still don't think I'm stressed, I just think my body is playing a sick joke on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment